Saturday, April 15, 2017

The Most Important Rule:
Practice



As a sendoff to the blog I want to talk about one more major thing that I get from young artist and people who look at my work.

They see my work say “I wish I could draw like you” or in the worst case “I’ll never be a great artist”. Well most artist will tell you to “Practice, practice, practice!” or “Practice makes perfect” the artist expects you to know how to draw. 

But the best way to put It is that we all become our own mentors. Fixing, correcting and improving our skills.

For me I have been drawing since I was little but it wasn’t till I got to my Commercial Graphics shop in High school where I started to hone in on my skills. Alongside of the technical graphics and advertisements we made we had a sketchbook. My teacher gave us activities and overtime I realized that I had begun using the skills I learned for everyday drawings and I learned that I by practicing my skills helped me find out my flaws with that skill.

To this day I still push myself, and If you never visit this blog ever again remember… practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment